none
Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm experiencing a very weird problem that it's driving me crazy.

I'm trying to rewriting a Word template that I wrote for italian users in a bilingual (English and Italian) using a DLL with strings.

While rewriting the ribbon module a got intangled in the following problems:

1) I was unable to remove the ribbon module from VBE a module ("Errore durante l'accesso al file. Potrebbe non essere più attiva la connessione di rete", more or less "Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost.")

2) I was receiving often the same error

3) My ribbon showed no strings, but the DLL was loaded.

I tried several times to rebuild fram scratch the template. But also at a minimum change in module from VBE the same problems were arising. It very difficult for me to understand where the problem occurs.

My googling only founded similar problems with Access or Excel, none with Word (by the way I have Office 365 64 bit version 16).

Any suggestions?

Monday, September 3, 2018 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Lauro,

Could you please post your code here or more details about the project? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regadrs,

Yuki

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 11:20 AM
  • I cannot post the code because I don't know in which portion the erroe arise.

I know is strage and frustrating

Thanks, Lauro

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 12:18 PM
  • Hi Lauro,

Sorry for late reply.

I assume that something went wrong when rewriting the ribbon module.

Please check if the following link will help you:

Customize the Word Ribbon User Interface

Hopefully it helps you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Yuki

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:45 AM
  • Hi Lauro,

Thanks for your asking. Please remember to mark the replies(Include your solution) as answers if they helped and please help us close the thread.

Thank you for understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let us know.
    I wish you a happy life!

Best Regards,

Yuki

Thursday, September 13, 2018 1:58 AM
  • Hi,

I'm still having the problem and I didn't found the solution. But I have some clues.

The problem started to manifest after I introduced in my word template solution, the loading, at new and open document, of a DLL with the strings for a specific language. That obliged me to change the code of most of the ribbon callback.

I noted that when I try to uncomment two ribbon callbacks (a getLabel and a GetVisible) that I was using before without any problem, and I compile, close and reopen the template, the ribbon is broken, all the text is no more there.

These two callbacks are creating a new instance of one on my classes (different class depending of the cursor position) to get the rigth text and the boolean.

When I go to the VBE editor to bring the code to the previous situation, I receive the "Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost." message whe I try to complie and the file seems corrupted and I can not edit it.

Searching in the net, I found this very old post of mine that I had completely forgetten wich tells that I had already a similar problem before, and an answer suggesting that the problem could arise  from the Inheritance implemented in the VBA classes.

What do you think?

Lauro

Friday, September 21, 2018 9:05 PM
  • Hi Lauro,

Please check if my colleague's solution in the following link will help you:

Creating a new class instance inside a getVisible callback will corrupt the Word doc even if that part of the callback is not fired

Best Regards,

Yuki

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 10:11 AM