How to implement stdole in a setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I developped an Outlook Addin and I did the setup using Inno Setup(because I can't use Windows Installer)

I'd like to avoid the Installation of all primary Interop assemblies and just add necessary assemblies.

What is strange is that if I do a setup using Windows Installer, it works without primary interop assemblies but it does'nt with my Inno Setup.

If anyone has an idea.

Thank you.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 1:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Lonylis,

After reading your question, I'm not clear about the meaning of "it works without primary interop assemblies but it does'nt
    with my Inno Setup". Could you please kindly explain that in details? I also feel strange about the meaning of "to avoid the
    installation of all primary assemblies and just add necessary assemblies". In order to install the addin successfully, we must
    install the PIA. And the VSTO Project Setup is only supported by ClickOnce and WindowsInstaller. That means in the
    deployment, we basically use ClickOnce or WindowsInstaller to do the task of setup according to the version of the VSTO.

Furthermore, here is a link which provides information in details about the installation and deployment of the VSTO.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/1666d2b0-a4d0-41e8-ad86-5eab3542de1e
    I hope it will be helpful. Any further question or if I misunderstood you, please feel free to contact. Thank you!

Best Regards,
    Amy Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Ji.Zhou Monday, August 23, 2010 3:07 AM
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 7:41 AM