beginner ( trying to connect login with AD credentials) RRS feed

• Question

• User2015884762 posted

Hi

I am a beginner to ASP.net, but would like to try out the login thingy. We have a active directory domain server in the office, and users need to be able to use the same credentials to access this asp.net web app.

I have been reading and trying to implement this link and error on the membership keep appearing.

http://geekswithblogs.net/frankw/archive/2008/05/18/forms-authentication-with-active-directory-in-asp.net-2.0.aspx

I am abit confused with the web.config setting, particullarly this one.

<connectionStrings>    

<add name="ADConnectionString" connectionString="LDAP://dotnetinspirations.com/CN=Users,DC=dotnetinspirations,DC=com"/> </connectionStrings>

Our AD server's name is. - BLUE01.blueblank.com, the server's name is BLUE01, blueblank is the domain name.

the other part I am confused is this one :

What are the administrator details that I should use assuming that I dun have the administrator access to the AD server, I am just a developer trying to code to authenticate the users against the AD

<membership defaultProvider="DomainLoginMembershipProvider">

<providers>

<add name="DomainLoginMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" connectionUsername="blueblank\myname" connectionPassword="user123"/>

</providers>

</membership>

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:49 AM

Answers

• User-902516579 posted

Hi,

Have you considered using Windows Authentication...Kerberos?

It might be eaiser to simply code you application, deploy it to IIS and configure the authentication type to be Windows Authentication - Negotiate.

HTH, Benjamin

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 9:16 AM