none
Installing VS2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to Install the .img version for VS2005 setup.

I ran the setup, and going good but it just stopped.  I've got the folders for the installion,

but they're empty.  What's the deal?

Tom

Thomas G Magaro
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 7:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    What's your OS?

Could you please help me to check the following steps to install VS2005?

Try to download the IMG file again with the help of some download manager software.

For the img installer, you might try:

- Extract the IMG image, to your local computer, by using the 3rd-party tools like MagicISO and run the installation from the extracted file on the harddrive/harddisk
       - Mount the IMG image to a virtual CD drive, using another 3rd party tool and run the installation from here.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, April 30, 2010 2:24 AM
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:00 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thank you for your clarification.

To install SQL Server 2008 Management Studio, you can separately download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=08E52AC2-1D62-45F6-9A4A-4B76A8564A2B&displaylang=en.
    If any problem during SQL Server Management Studio installation, I would suggest you to try SQL Server Setup & Upgrade forum to get more useful help there. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, May 17, 2010 3:14 AM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

did you get any errormessage? What operating system do you use and did you install with administrative rights?

Regards

martinwy

Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:21 PM
  • Hi martinwy,

No, it doesn't give a message, it just stopped. It's weird though that all the folders would be installed.

I don't remember ever having to run it with administrative rights.  I know that the ide has 'Run as adminster'

when I right click on the quick launch icon.  But I am logged in to my adminstrator windows account, if that

answers your question.  If not contact me what you mean.

Thanx

Tom

Thomas G Magaro
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 11:12 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    What's your OS?

Could you please help me to check the following steps to install VS2005?

Try to download the IMG file again with the help of some download manager software.

For the img installer, you might try:

- Extract the IMG image, to your local computer, by using the 3rd-party tools like MagicISO and run the installation from the extracted file on the harddrive/harddisk
       - Mount the IMG image to a virtual CD drive, using another 3rd party tool and run the installation from here.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

• Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, April 30, 2010 2:24 AM
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:00 PM
  • Hi Chen,

I'm running Vista.

It sounds like your talking about the fact that it once was on dvd, which I had at one time, but it got lost.

I'll try what you're talking about and get back to you

Thanx

Tom

Thomas G Magaro
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:46 PM
  • Hi Tom,

It's my pleasure!

Yes, I mean that your issue could be related to corrupted installer itself. :)

I've marked my reply as answer. If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know. I'm willing to help you on that.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:24 AM
  • Hi Chen.

Well, it didn't work.  I don't know if its the extractor of not.  It sure was nice to be able to insert the disk and reinstall.

Thanx,

Tom

Thomas G Magaro
    Friday, April 30, 2010 12:43 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Based on your description, it seems that you found the original DVD media and installed VS2005 without problem, right?

If yes, I'm so glad to hear this good new!

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:53 AM typo
    Monday, May 3, 2010 5:29 AM
  • Hi Chen,

No, I didn't find the disk and have tried recreating with .img file, but it didn't work. 

It's time to catch up with technology, so I reinstalled 2008, however, SQL started acting pretty weird

(probably because one of the things I had to get VS2008 Team Suite to uninstall, and was told by another person to uninstall

SQL along with a long list of other things). But of course now I've gone ahead and got SQL Server 2008 installed but I can't

get the management studio to install. 

Anyway. thanx for all the tips.

Tom

Thomas G Magaro
    Monday, May 3, 2010 6:12 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thank you for your clarification.

To install SQL Server 2008 Management Studio, you can separately download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=08E52AC2-1D62-45F6-9A4A-4B76A8564A2B&displaylang=en.
    If any problem during SQL Server Management Studio installation, I would suggest you to try SQL Server Setup & Upgrade forum to get more useful help there. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

• Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, May 17, 2010 3:14 AM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 2:03 AM
  • Hello again Chen,

Thanx for the information. I have already downloaded the file, but am still having problems.

I am in the process of trying it again, if it doesn't work this time, I'll check the forum.

Again, thank you for all your help!

Tom

Thomas G Magaro
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:17 AM
  • Hi Tom,

It's my pleasure!

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 2:10 AM