none
Appointment - MAPI - Update the body of an exception RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I am trying to update an exception of a recurring item. I can change most of the fields, but the body cannot be updated through Extended MAPI.

The API doesn't give any error code for HrSetOneProp. I have no problem modifying the body of a normal appointment, but it fails for an exception. 

Through OutlookSpy, i get the same behaviour. I create a daily event, i create an excpetion with a modified body. I open the exception and with OutlookSpy, i update PR_BODY_W and savechanges. When i reopen the event, the description hasn't been modified.

( The field FExceptionalBody is set at TRUE , i am not sure of its meaning ).

I can modify the field through the OOM API, but i would like to avoid any chance of security pop-up.

Is this a known issue or is there another field to set to enable the change of the body ?

Monday, March 18, 2013 9:32 AM

Answers

• I think i found what i was doing wrong thanks to this discussion : http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/mapi-attachment-problem-t1858183.html

I will try to get the attchment issue. As you were the one finding this solution, thank you.

• Marked as answer by jean-marie Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:31 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 3:57 PM

All replies

• Have you tried to create an exception in Outlook and then look at it with OutlookSpy? What is different between good and bad appointments? Can you modify other properties, such as Subject?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.4 is now available!

Monday, March 18, 2013 1:49 PM
  • Hi.

I manually create the recurrence and the exception item on Outlook.

I access it through OOM recurencepattern, and i call getmapiobject from the Appointment i found in the Exception interface. HrSetoneProp on the body says OK. I save the item. But nothing happens.

I have a similar behaviour with OutlookSpy, when i try to set an exception. It seems that the IMessage representing the exception cannot save any changes in fact. I test the location, and some other flags like the busystatus, none are changed for an exception. Same test on a normal item shows no problem.

I use OOM for most of the fields, but I use MAPI to fill the description, and i intend to do it for meetings related datas ( recipientlist / Sequence, GlobalId ). it works fine except for Exception. There is no trouble with a normal event.

Ps: Everybody must tell you that, but thank you so much for OutlookSpy : it changes everything. 

Monday, March 18, 2013 3:42 PM
  • I think i found what i was doing wrong thanks to this discussion : http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/mapi-attachment-problem-t1858183.html

I will try to get the attchment issue. As you were the one finding this solution, thank you.

• Marked as answer by jean-marie Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:31 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 3:57 PM