Flickable widescreen grid which shows animation of moving left and right

Question

• I am trying to develop a windows 8.1 store app which have a page with three grids each of full screen of device. I need to animate this screen so that it moves left or right to some extent and on flick shows the first grid or second or third one according to the requirement. I am trying to move the grid using Margin property but it did not work and also using setleft property but that also did not work for me. Can anyone provide me with help in this? Any kind of help will be helpful. I tried this using Canvas also but in windows 8.1 I'm not able to add gesture events or manipulation is also not responding.
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:16 PM

All replies

• What language and UI framework are you using so we can help you find an appropriate forum?
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:08 PM
    Owner
  • I am using C# with XAML. This is my project with link below.  I want to use grid in this project as a container and implement the animation for movement. I have included code for movement but this is using canvas and i cant apply gestures on it.

My Project Link

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2D07E008BB4FBF8C!106&authkey=!AABj7dxB5pT_UGE&ithint=file%2crar

Friday, September 26, 2014 5:13 AM
  • It sounds like you're trying to implement a FlipView control. A Hub may also work well for your scenario.

If you need more help with this please explain more clearly what you are doing, what behavior you want, and what behavior you are getting. If you'd like us to look at a minimal repro project then please upload it as a zip file.

--Rob

Thursday, October 02, 2014 11:30 PM
    Owner
  • I need three screens only with no more space to scroll and controls like Hub Pivot and Panorama support looping flow which is not required. Also I need to move the screen to some positions left and then reset it through animation and this is not happening in flipview and also flipview gives me problem using scrollview.
    Monday, October 06, 2014 11:37 AM
  • I'm still not quite sure what you want, but you can create a ScrollViewer the width that you want and then put your Grids inside it. The difficulty is in defining the size. You won't have direct access to the size of the device, only to the size of your window, and that size can change dynamically. You'll need to decide how to deal with that.

Friday, October 10, 2014 12:24 AM
    Owner