configuring-claims-based-authentication-in-sharepoint foundation-standalone-2010 RRS feed

• Question

•  I have problem in configuring FBA using claims-based-authentication-in-sharepoint foundation-standalone-2010 working on windows 7 professional SP1. I have created roles & membership providers in sql 2012 . I have changed the web.config files of web application,sts,central administration but its not working.

Thanks in advance...........

• Edited by prashant_29 Wednesday, July 3, 2013 7:32 AM
    Wednesday, July 3, 2013 6:48 AM

Answers

•     I have followed following steps for the event Id 8306 of log file from the link  sharepointknowledgebase.blogspot.in/2012/03/security-token-service-is-not-available.html  now its working fine..

a) Open IIS Manager
    b) Expand “Sites”
                                  c) Expand “SharePoint Web Services”
                                            d) Select “SecurityTokenServiceApplication”
                                                                                        e) From the “Features” pane, double click on “Authentication” under “IIS”
                                                                f) Right click “Forms Authentication” and select “Disable”
                                                                                               g) The authentication settings page should only have Windows and Anonymous                                                                                    access enable for the security token service to issue tokens properly 

• Marked as answer by prashant_29 Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:34 AM
    • Edited by prashant_29 Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:46 AM link
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The step by step instructions to configure FBA using SQL database is in the following link

http://shivaprasadbc.blogspot.com/2010/08/configuring-forms-based-authentication.html

Regards,

Shiva Prasad B C

Cheers!!! Happy Troubleshooting!!!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:56 PM
  •    thanks Shiva Prasad B C,

I have carefully followed the steps given in above mentioned site. I am able to find the windows & fba users for my web application via users policy of central admin site. But when i browse my web application site it gives ' Server Error in '/' Application' for both forms and windows authentication. i get the following error in ~ /14/ logs

Request for security token failed with exception: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc. This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by t...

Help me to resolve this........

• Edited by prashant_29 Wednesday, July 10, 2013 12:40 PM Request for security token failed
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:01 AM
  • Hello,

The following article provides the steps to resolve the above error message

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sykhad-msft/archive/2012/02/25/sharepoint-2010-nailing-the-error-quot-the-security-token-service-is-unavailable-quot.aspx

The authentication has failed due to the security token service application failure.

Further verify the web.config file of security token service application which might have caused the issue.

Regards,

Shiva Prasad B C

Cheers!!! Happy Troubleshooting!!!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:36 PM
  •  Thanks again Shiva Prasad B C,

I have already followed the above mentioned link, I browsed the securitytoken.svc its working fine & also ran the shell script given there but the error is still there........really confused what to do.........

Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:22 AM
  •     I have followed following steps for the event Id 8306 of log file from the link  sharepointknowledgebase.blogspot.in/2012/03/security-token-service-is-not-available.html  now its working fine..

a) Open IIS Manager
    b) Expand “Sites”
                                  c) Expand “SharePoint Web Services”
                                            d) Select “SecurityTokenServiceApplication”
                                                                                        e) From the “Features” pane, double click on “Authentication” under “IIS”
                                                                f) Right click “Forms Authentication” and select “Disable”
                                                                                               g) The authentication settings page should only have Windows and Anonymous                                                                                    access enable for the security token service to issue tokens properly 

• Marked as answer by prashant_29 Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:34 AM
    • Edited by prashant_29 Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:46 AM link
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:28 AM