Server 2012 Essentials Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Setting up Server Essentials 2012.  During the "Anywhere Access" wizard I followed a link to get an SSL for the company's URL that is directed at the server.  I chose one of the two options that was presented during setup and purchased a "SSL Cert for SSL Certificate - Comodo Essential" from Enom Inc.

Once I got the certificate in email, and continued the wizard I get the following error:

CERTIFICATE NOT VALID OR PASSWORD INCORRECT
    Either the certificate is not supported or the password is incorrect.  Please try again.

I've tried everything I can to get it in the wizard to no avail.  If I manually push it into the certificate manager it accepts it there properly but the Essentials Dashboard still thinks it's no installed so I believe I have to complete this wizard.  I cannot find ANY support on this currently on the internet on searching.  Anyone able to help?

(By chance the server is also unable to install two critical updates.  I am taking things one at a time in the order they come right now though.)

KevenD.

Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:48 AM

All replies

• well i think u almost get the new certificate, let me be clear!

1)you get the cert in email to u computer but u need to export the certificate! to a validate  Comodoro cert with password  , that password u make in the build certificate process on your computer, u can export so many certificate as u wish  but if  u lost u computer  u l cant just download again from the email the certf just is good for the computer where u 1 download the certf.

ok if i was so clear about it, u need go to you pc or mac i donnno what u use,  key manager o license manager and export the comodo cert,  after that u no need online to  validate nothing !

i hope this works mate seeya.

Friday, April 19, 2013 1:05 AM