SharePoint designer not updating usage stats RRS feed

• Question

• My SharePoint site has usage analysis enabled. The stats are getting reflected in Site usage reports section on web. The data is present even in Shared Services DB tables. I also verified the following:

1. The timer jobs Usage Analysis, Office SharePoint Usage Analytics Log Import, Office SharePoint Usage Analytics Log Processing are running fine.
    2. The logs are getting created and are updated regularly.
    3. Advanced usage analysis processing is enabled.

However when I try to view the usage reports from SharePoint Designer, I do not get the latest reports and they have stopped after Dec-2011. I have installed SP3 for designer but still unable to get the reports. Any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:29 PM

All replies

•  

Hi SharePointGuy,

This is may be your time job problem. So ,you need restart your timer job of usage statues as the following .

Go to your SharePoint Central Administration.

Operations->Timer Job Status.

Find the following job restart them.

Office SharePoint Usage Analytics Log Import                                                

Office SharePoint Usage Analytics Processing

Thanks,

Jack

Monday, April 2, 2012 12:02 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your reply. I have already restarted the time job with no luck. The verification that the timer job is running fine is that the DB tables with latest stats are getting updated on a daily basis.
    Monday, April 2, 2012 8:29 PM
  •  

Hi SharePointGuy,

Please ensure the WSS_ADMIN_WPG and the WSS_WPG accounts is in Logs file, if not, please add them in it.

the folder path :  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\logs\

Thanks,

Jack

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:43 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. Here are the steps already performed:

1. Checked all timer jobs. They are running fine.
    2. The fore-said accounts WSS_ADMIN_WPG and WSS_WPG have read/write access to logs folders. We have logs placed in custom folder on separate drive on our servers.
    3. The DB tables prefixed with ANL are getting updated correctly.
    4. The SPD is updated to the latest service pack (SP3).

Any other specific area to check?

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:50 AM