accessing web application from PDA(hand held devices) RRS feed

• Question

• User1039216685 posted

I am creating a web application.How can i access that from handheld devices(Win os).I need to create a special application for these ones?[8-)]

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 5:25 AM

Answers

• User-1299008639 posted

In short: It's not needed, but very helpfull if you do.

A bit longer: the framework 'detects' the capabilities of the device requesting the page. So it gracefully reduces the functionality of for example, ajax controls, by disabling javascripts and do those things server side.

However, the typical PDA has a resolution of 320x240, instead of a resolution of 1024x768 of 1280x1024... so there's not as much space to display data.

Furthermore, PDA's are, especially compared to desktop pc's, slow and low on bandwith. So you have to try to reduce pagelenght and smaller/lo-res images (and only images if you NEED them, not to make it fancy).

In my point of view, a "normal" website may be fancy, nice colors, css, and all those things, while on the other hand a PDA page must be as light and clean as possible.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 7:54 AM

All replies

• User-1299008639 posted

In short: It's not needed, but very helpfull if you do.

A bit longer: the framework 'detects' the capabilities of the device requesting the page. So it gracefully reduces the functionality of for example, ajax controls, by disabling javascripts and do those things server side.

However, the typical PDA has a resolution of 320x240, instead of a resolution of 1024x768 of 1280x1024... so there's not as much space to display data.

Furthermore, PDA's are, especially compared to desktop pc's, slow and low on bandwith. So you have to try to reduce pagelenght and smaller/lo-res images (and only images if you NEED them, not to make it fancy).

In my point of view, a "normal" website may be fancy, nice colors, css, and all those things, while on the other hand a PDA page must be as light and clean as possible.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 7:54 AM
  • User-1223057304 posted

Normally  connect ur PDA with PC and then connect with Active sync .

Now ,type that url in PDA Explorer.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 8:53 AM