none
How to add users to a distribution list with "Send as" permission RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to give somebody "Send as" permission to a Distribution List in C#? I can't seem to find a way to do it. At the moment I'm using the System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.GroupPrincipal class in .NET 3.5 to add/remove members successfully.
    • Moved by Kristin Xie Friday, November 13, 2015 6:28 AM move to better forum
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• you might want to build a wrapper on GroupPrincipal class and build Send As functionality

Mark ANSWER if this reply resolves your query, If helpful then VOTE HELPFUL
    INSQLSERVER.COM Mohammad Nizamuddin

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 7:27 AM
  • Does that mean that it's not natively possible to do using Microsoft's frameworks?
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 9:17 PM
  • Hi mfearby.

I've checked the this blog from technet. To assign a user "Send As" permission to a Distribution List is a feature of Exchange  environment. Do you mean you want to implement that by C#? Am I right? If yes,

Since this forum is  discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language in specific, I would suggest you repost this issue in Exchange Server > Exchange Server Development forum for better response. 

If I misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Thursday, November 12, 2015 2:29 AM
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 2:28 AM
  • Yes, you are correct. I'd like to implement this in C#.
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 2:37 AM
  • Yes, you are correct. I'd like to implement this in C#.
    Ok, I will move your case to that forum for better support.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 13, 2015 6:27 AM
  • SendAs (and ReceiveAs) are extended rights so you should be able to use something like

System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectoryAccessRule SendAs = new System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectoryAccessRule(identity,System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectoryRights.ExtendedRight,System.Security.AccessControl.AccessControlType.Allow,Guid.Parse("ab721a54-1e2f-11d0-9819-00aa0040529b"));

Then use AddAccessRule https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.directoryservices.activedirectorysecurity.addaccessrule(v=vs.110).aspx

Cheers
    Glen

• Marked as answer by mfearby Monday, November 16, 2015 9:23 PM
    Monday, November 16, 2015 5:34 AM
  • Thanks. That looks very promising. I have to finish something else at the moment but it certainly says it does what I want. I'll test this later but mark as the answer now. Thanks again.
    Monday, November 16, 2015 9:23 PM