Lightbox images not showing on one page RRS feed

• Question

• I saw many other issues on this over the web and I tried very hard to fix it through other people's problems, but I wasn't able to do so :(

Basically I am using lightbox which works and worked throughout my site on multiple pages until yesterday when I rotated one of my main pages (roster.html) to a subfolder (flagfootball/roster.html).  The lightbox now does not show its Close, Load, or other images, on http://editsbyjordan.com/flagfootball/roster.html

However, it was working when I originally had it at http://editsbyjordan.com/roster.html.  But I want to keep it in this sub folder :)

The lightbox still works in my gallery at http://editsbyjordan.com/photos.html, so I am sure it is an issue with roster.html not pointing at the images, or the lightbox.js not pointing back at it because its now in a subfolder.

Again thanks a lot for your help, I spent quite a bit of time working on this before resorting to asking for your precious time.

-Jm

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:29 PM

Answers

• EW will automatically update link references in standard markup when you make moves/renames in its interface (Folder List or Site View). However, I don't believe that it can make those changes within javascript code. You will need to manually locate the places within your code where those image locations were formerly referenced, and manually change them to reference the new (relative) locations. Or, take the easy way and move them, as Ian suggests.  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by jmjordan Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:40 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:47 PM

All replies

• I looked at the page and could get a lightbox to show by clicking on the images and then change clicking on the right side but no navigation aids like arrows or close seems to be there.  It would be helpful if you had left a working copy up so we could see what it was supposed to do.

BTW, you don't need the <b> when you use an h3 though an H3 is not the appropriate markup for the names. <h3><b>Ethan Asher</b></h3>

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:30 PM
  • You're right, in that on the roster.html page the Lightbox images are pointing to football/images/...

Without seeing the full structure of the site and Lightbox js and css files, the easiest way to solve this (though not the best) would be to copy the lightbox images into a folder football/images.

HTH

Ian Haynes

EW - V4 Add-Ins
    EW - Resources, hints and tips
    EW - Design for the Mobile Web
    expression(web.blog)

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:32 PM
  • EW will automatically update link references in standard markup when you make moves/renames in its interface (Folder List or Site View). However, I don't believe that it can make those changes within javascript code. You will need to manually locate the places within your code where those image locations were formerly referenced, and manually change them to reference the new (relative) locations. Or, take the easy way and move them, as Ian suggests.  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by jmjordan Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:40 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:47 PM
  • Answered it below...
    • Edited by jmjordan Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:41 PM Don't want to give everyone extra reading :)
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:03 PM
  • Not sure if this was the best way to fix it, but I created a copy of my lightbox.js file and added the ../ in front of the path where the images were, because it was pointing the the wrong path.  But when I just switched the original lightbox.js my other lightboxes would have the same problem (that were not in a subfolder) so I created a unique lightbox.js for that particular roster.html subfolder to point at.  I just named it lightboxroster.js and edited the path.

Again, I hope I didn't cut too many corners and I hope I don't pay long term!

Thanks, as always for all your help in this matter, I hope the next person has an easier time than I did.

-jm

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:39 PM