none
What is ERP and CRM in .net? Can you explain me with real time example, RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Swathi615,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Is the ERP you mentioned Enterprise Resource Planning? Enterprise resource planning (ERP) integrates internal and external management information across an entire organization, embracing finance/accounting, manufacturing, sales and service, customer relationship management, etc. ERP systems automate this activity with an integrated software application. Its purpose is to facilitate the flow of information between all business functions inside the boundaries of the organization and manage the connections to outside stakeholders. In my opinion, the ERP is not related to .NET Framework Setup. For more information, please take a look at this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_resource_planning

Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a multi-lingual Customer Relationship Management software package developed by Microsoft. Out of the box, the product focuses mainly on Sales, Marketing, and Service (help desk) sectors, but Microsoft has been marketing Dynamics CRM as an XRM platform and has been encouraging partners to use its proprietary (.NET based) framework to customize it to meet many different demands.

The Microsoft Dynamics family of business applications includes other related products such as Microsoft Dynamics AX (ERP application), Microsoft Dynamics GP, (ERP application) Microsoft Dynamics NAV (ERP application), and Microsoft Dynamics SL (ERP Application) and also Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System; also known as Dynamics RMS. For more information, I recommend you go to this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Dynamics_CRM

This CRM is an Enterprise-Class Customer Relationship Management server written in C# for the .NET platform with many advanced features like Companies/Leads/Contacts Manager, Calendaring, Groupware, Email Marketing, Reporting, Orders, Catalogs, etc. From here, we will know CRM is a server for .NET platform, so it is not included in .NET Framework.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Swathi615 Friday, August 19, 2011 6:46 AM
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:56 AM

All replies