none
Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy Server (Error Code 0) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi there,

    I used to have two Exchange server 2007. I sat up a new server 2012 and installed an exchange 2013

    I bought certificate from GoDaddy and a friend of mine helped me to set the server up.

    I moved the mailboxes then decommission one of the exchanges (ser1) which provide web mail for me and turned off the other one (Ser2).

    there was an error on the Autodiscovery and I talked to Microsoft technician and he fixed it for me.

    now most of my users getting below error:

    "Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy Server (Error Code 0)"

    but emails are passing through and come in.

    Please find the below image

    I guess if I decommission ser2 the autodiscovery will move from the first output but the output of "get-outlookprovider" is not correct.

    I believe instead of ser1.domain.local it should be newserver.domain.local

    I am not very good at powershell commands,

    Would you please advise me what command shall I run to fix the issue?

    does the msstd:ser1.domain.local address have any relation with the error message my users get?

    Thank you in Advance

    Monday, August 4, 2014 5:47 PM

Answers

  • Hello MAS,
    Thank you very much for your reply
    Please be informed I fixed the issue.
    The issue was on the public folders, because they were not transfer properly. after moving them to the exchange 2013 all the errors disappeared.

    Again thank you for your time.
    • Marked as answer by Alex_0s Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:09 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:09 PM

All replies

  • Did you install certificate on the new exchange2013 server?

    If not please install it with your common name and autodiscover.domain.com added to it.

    Did you point your autodiscover to the new exchange? (Both internal and external) If not please do it now.

    Please configure URLs in new exchange. Webservices, OAB, Autodiscover etc

    http://www.mustbegeek.com/configure-external-and-internal-url-in-exchange-2013/

    Please check this as well

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/54bc6b17-9b60-46a4-9dad-584836d15a02/troubleshooting-and-introduction-for-exchange-20072010-autodiscover-details-about-test-email?forum=exchangesvrgeneral

    Please test autodiscover using https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ 


    MAS. Please dont forget to mark an answer.


    • Edited by MAS- Monday, August 4, 2014 7:03 PM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 6:58 PM
  • Hello MAS,

    Thank you very much for your reply

    Did you install certificate on the new exchange2013 server? YES

    Did you point your autodiscover to the new exchange? (Both internal and external) YES, please find the below image:


    Please configure URLs in new exchange. Webservices, OAB, Autodiscover etc

    I ran the "Test E-Mail AutoConfiguration"

    Note: "mail.mydomain.com" is correct address

    (Please refer to the next post for the result)

    I am making a backup from my mail server (which takes 30 hours) tonight.

    I am scratching my head to find out why EXPR is set to my first exchange 2007 server which I already uninstall exchange application from the server and why the values for "EXCH" and "WEB" is nothing. (of course I am not sure if thet have to have a value)

    Meanwhile some of my clients are getting the error message below(Please refer to my next post):

    if server name in the account setting points to their mail box (that wired code@mydomain.com) and outlook is asking for password.

    But if the server name points to the mail server the above error will not show up.

    I tried to change the server name to the server name but it will change automatically again.

    Thank you in advance for your time


    • Edited by Alex_0s Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:04 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:02 PM
  • I have to upload extra pictures in a separate post




    • Edited by Alex_0s Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:31 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:03 PM
  • Do you have mail.mydomain.com and autodiscover.domain.com in your certificate?

    If not please add these names

    Are you using a self signed certificate?

    If yes please add it to the Trusted root certification authority

    Please configure your URLs using the site below and configure split DNS to resolve external name internally.

    http://exchange.sembee.info/network/split-dns.asp

    http://exchange.sembee.info/2010/install/clientaccesshostnames.asp


    MAS. Please dont forget to mark an answer.



    • Edited by MAS- Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:17 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 5:19 PM
  • Hello MAS,
    Thank you very much for your reply
    Please be informed I fixed the issue.
    The issue was on the public folders, because they were not transfer properly. after moving them to the exchange 2013 all the errors disappeared.

    Again thank you for your time.
    • Marked as answer by Alex_0s Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:09 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:09 PM