latest downloads technet RRS feed

• Question

• Please if possible include latest downloads/updates on the main page like on the previous design (this is in regards to technet)

Thanks
    Friday, April 11, 2008 2:41 PM

Answers

• For the Vista image with multiple products, the product key you use determines which product is installed. While you might have access to the software bits because they are packaged all together, your Subscription program may not actually include all products. Such may be the case for Vista Home products. I believe you can install it and evaluate it without the key for 30 or 60 days (varies by product), but if you don't see the key it is technically not part of the Subscription offering.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:02 AM

All replies

• Having "what is new" is on our roadmap to be added to the new experience - as a list and as a functioning RSS. It is out several months however. Thanks for letting us know you want it back.

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:29 PM
  • ok so in the meantime, how do we find out if something new has been uploaded to technet? is there any notification at all?

For example if XP SP3 is released on technet..

Also just in a off topic thing...i noticed Windows 98, Windows 2000 Server was in the list to download (and few other things) however no isos, product keys for these are on technet, is microsoft considering putting items for these or will it remain as it is? And noticed Vista Basic/Home Premium have no keys to request. Will this remain this way? (sorry if im asking too many questions, just new to technet Smile)

Thanks again
    Friday, April 11, 2008 3:39 PM
  • Muris:

Thanks for the feedback. Let me hit a few of your questions here:

Some products you mentioned, specifically Windows 98 and Windows Server 2000 have notes on the page that indicate:

Windows Server 2000

This product has been removed from MSDN and TechNet Subscriber Downloads due to the terms of Java-related settlements Microsoft made with Sun Microsystems. This product is no longer available from Microsoft in any form, but may be available through third-party resellers or Web sites.

Maybe this is not obvious enough so we can look at that.

Vista products do have keys, but you have to be signed in to get to them. Some older products don't have keys, but have a note that says - no key required. Let me know if you have more questions.

Friday, April 11, 2008 6:38 PM
  • Thanks, I am signed in to request keys, i see that there is versions of Vista in the ISOs available to download like Home Premium, Vista Basic etc, however if i request keys it only shows up Ultimate, Business, Business N, & Enterprise, thats why i was wondering if Home Premium & Vista Basic were missing and keys were not obtainable for these? (I could not see them in the list to obtain keys for these versions)
    Monday, April 14, 2008 2:05 PM
  • For the Vista image with multiple products, the product key you use determines which product is installed. While you might have access to the software bits because they are packaged all together, your Subscription program may not actually include all products. Such may be the case for Vista Home products. I believe you can install it and evaluate it without the key for 30 or 60 days (varies by product), but if you don't see the key it is technically not part of the Subscription offering.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 3:02 AM