Export Template Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am taking a Assembly Language class and would like to create a project and item template.

I have created a project and a main.asm with various substitution values.

When I go to export the project via File -> Export Template as VSIX...

I follow th e Export template wizard and hit finish and get the following error:

startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.  Paramater name:  startIndex.

I am using VS 2010 - verson 10.0.30319.1 RTMRel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 10:10 PM

Answers

• Hi K. Kazinski,

Based on my undertanding, you are using Export Template Wizard Extension to export Visual C++ projects. If so, As far as I know, the template described in Export Template Wizard Extension is not support for Visual C++ projects. For more information on creating Visual C++ project templates, please see Designning a Wizard.

Regards,
    Nancy Shao [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Wednesday, September 1, 2010 3:20 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:27 AM
  • Hi K. Kazinski,

Are you Exporting Visual C++ Project Template? If so, Export Template Wizard does not support Visual C++ project.

If you want to create project template, you need to use Visual C++ Custom Wizard to do it.

Please let me know if you have any comments.Thanks.

Regards,
    Nancy Shao [MSFT]

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by K. Kazinski Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:08 PM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi K. Kazinski,

Based on my undertanding, you are using Export Template Wizard Extension to export Visual C++ projects. If so, As far as I know, the template described in Export Template Wizard Extension is not support for Visual C++ projects. For more information on creating Visual C++ project templates, please see Designning a Wizard.

Regards,
    Nancy Shao [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Wednesday, September 1, 2010 3:20 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:27 AM
  • Hi Mrs. Shao,

I guess I am getting confused why I need to create a wizard or is the wizard just setting up the framework I will need?

Thank you.

Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:05 AM
  • Hi K. Kazinski,

Are you Exporting Visual C++ Project Template? If so, Export Template Wizard does not support Visual C++ project.

If you want to create project template, you need to use Visual C++ Custom Wizard to do it.

Please let me know if you have any comments.Thanks.

Regards,
    Nancy Shao [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by K. Kazinski Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:08 PM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:45 AM