A better way to do Tap and click feedback Animation on WinJS?

Question

• Hi,

Is there a better way to do the Tap and click feedback animation? Right now I'm Using this code:

WinJS.Utilities.query(".btnColorear").forEach(function (button) { button.addEventListener("click", function (e) { WinJS.UI.Animation.pointerDown(e.target).done(function () { WinJS.UI.Animation.pointerUp(e.target).done(function () { WinJS.Navigation.navigate("/Views/Colorear/Colorear.html"); }); });

}); });

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:23 AM

Answers

• Hi DeividKamuii

Two suggestions:

1, We do not suggest use .done().done() in WinJS, insteads try to use .then().done(), see this for more information: Chaining promises

2, If you need a better animation than system provide, try to write your own animation and play it. For instance you can use some third party code as an assistant.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:51 AM

All replies

• Hi DeividKamuii

Two suggestions:

1, We do not suggest use .done().done() in WinJS, insteads try to use .then().done(), see this for more information: Chaining promises

2, If you need a better animation than system provide, try to write your own animation and play it. For instance you can use some third party code as an assistant.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:51 AM
  • Hi Jamles Hez,

So if I get it right, this is the way I should implement your suggestions?

1.- I've changed the code using then() like this:

WinJS.Utilities.query(".btnColorear").forEach(function (button) {
                    button.addEventListener("click", function (e) {
                        WinJS.UI.Animation.pointerDown(e.target).then(function () {
                            WinJS.UI.Animation.pointerUp(e.target).done(function () {
                                WinJS.Navigation.navigate("/Views/Colorear/Colorear.html");
                            });
                        });
                    });
                });

2.- I used animate.css to do the tap animation on click event

$('.btnFechas').addClass('animated rotateIn');

Am I right or there is a better way?

Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:34 AM
  • 1, Yes, looks better.

2, I'm not familiar with animate.css, simply search on the Internet, its good.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:48 AM