none
Issue while reset or restart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm using Azure Sphere from past few days,  and i think its not a major issue or may be im doing something wrong but im stuck at it, when I'm pressing reset button on AZSphere or restarting azure sphere using command prompt, it is re-running the previous program by itself. I have no idea how to stop it. Hoping to get a help ASAP.

I don't have issue if it runs previous program but I'm facing issue while running new program which is telling to stop the previous program.

error in new program while running: Id returned 1 exit status.

i looked for the error it means the previous program is still running. It would be great if i get any command to kill all the programs running or to erase flash memory in the sphere.

Hoping to get any break through so that i can move forward.

Thank you.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can control start/stop of the app using the commands described in the documentation Sideload and debug an image packaged by Visual Studio.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

I'm still facing the same error, I don't know what to do with it whole day i tried solving it, I uninstalled my SDK, I recovered Sphere, I even reinstalled visual studio.

Hoping to get any advice on it.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:08 PM
  • My experience with ld errors is that they are linker errors.  If you look at the build output, you should be able to find the ld error and look just before the error for a hint.  For me, I usually find that I incorrectly "extern"ed a variable that I tried to use in a different file.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:15 PM
  • @jaisantosh

Does the above suggestions helped to identify the root cause?

Friday, September 6, 2019 10:01 AM
  • @Ashok

No it didn't solve anything.

but thanks for your effort @BAWilless

Saturday, September 7, 2019 6:16 AM
  • @jaisantosh

For the build error, can you share the Output -> Build details?  This provides more detail than the ‘Error List’ shown. Please refer the below screenshot for illustration of how to get this.

Also, we have noticed that, you are running different samples. Just trying to understand do you have any problems running Azure Sphere samples available in Git?

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:22 AM
  • Hi @Ashok this the output of error I'm facing
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 7:45 AM
  • @jaisantosh

Complete error details are missing from the screenshot which you have shared.

Can you please copy paste the complete output from the console here? 

Also, try our samples and let us know if you face any issues. Since the Git repo which you are following is a third-party sample, you may reach out to the author from the same repo for further help.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:20 AM
  • yes, the samples which are in  Azure Sphere samples work fine. but they are only for the sensors which are available with Azure sphere grove starter kit. when trying to use any other product I'm  getting error.

The error output is pasted below.

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: AzureSpheretest, Configuration: Debug ARM ------
    1>/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Azure Sphere SDK/Sysroots/2/tools/gcc/real-ld.exe: obj\ARM\Debug\main.o: in function `main':
    1>\Users\Admin\source\repos\AzureSpheretest\AzureSpheretest/..\..\..\..\Downloads\Trail 2\AzureSphereSamples-master\AzureSphereSamples-master\SphereTest\PWMTest/main.c:51: undefined reference to `SOFTPWM_Init'
    1>/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Azure Sphere SDK/Sysroots/2/tools/gcc/real-ld.exe: C:\Users\Admin\source\repos\AzureSpheretest\AzureSpheretest/..\..\..\..\Downloads\Trail 2\AzureSphereSamples-master\AzureSphereSamples-master\SphereTest\PWMTest/main.c:52: undefined reference to `SOFTPWM_Init'
    1>/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Azure Sphere SDK/Sysroots/2/tools/gcc/real-ld.exe: C:\Users\Admin\source\repos\AzureSpheretest\AzureSpheretest/..\..\..\..\Downloads\Trail 2\AzureSphereSamples-master\AzureSphereSamples-master\SphereTest\PWMTest/main.c:53: undefined reference to `SOFTPWM_Init'
    1>/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Azure Sphere SDK/Sysroots/2/tools/gcc/real-ld.exe: C:\Users\Admin\source\repos\AzureSpheretest\AzureSpheretest/..\..\..\..\Downloads\Trail 2\AzureSphereSamples-master\AzureSphereSamples-master\SphereTest\PWMTest/main.c:61: undefined reference to `SOFTPWM_Start'
    1>/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Azure Sphere SDK/Sysroots/2/tools/gcc/real-ld.exe: C:\Users\Admin\source\repos\AzureSpheretest\AzureSpheretest/..\..\..\..\Downloads\Trail 2\AzureSphereSamples-master\AzureSphereSamples-master\SphereTest\PWMTest/main.c:62: undefined reference to `SOFTPWM_Start'
    1>/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Azure Sphere SDK/Sysroots/2/tools/gcc/real-ld.exe: C:\Users\Admin\source\repos\AzureSpheretest\AzureSpheretest/..\..\..\..\Downloads\Trail 2\AzureSphereSamples-master\AzureSphereSamples-master\SphereTest\PWMTest/main.c:63: undefined reference to `SOFTPWM_Start'
    1>/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Azure Sphere SDK/Sysroots/2/tools/gcc/real-ld.exe: C:\Users\Admin\source\repos\AzureSpheretest\AzureSpheretest/..\..\..\..\Downloads\Trail 2\AzureSphereSamples-master\AzureSphereSamples-master\SphereTest\PWMTest/main.c:72: undefined reference to `SOFTPWM_Destroy'
    1>/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Azure Sphere SDK/Sysroots/2/tools/gcc/real-ld.exe: C:\Users\Admin\source\repos\AzureSpheretest\AzureSpheretest/..\..\..\..\Downloads\Trail 2\AzureSphereSamples-master\AzureSphereSamples-master\SphereTest\PWMTest/main.c:73: undefined reference to `SOFTPWM_Destroy'
    1>/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Azure Sphere SDK/Sysroots/2/tools/gcc/real-ld.exe: C:\Users\Admin\source\repos\AzureSpheretest\AzureSpheretest/..\..\..\..\Downloads\Trail 2\AzureSphereSamples-master\AzureSphereSamples-master\SphereTest\PWMTest/main.c:74: undefined reference to `SOFTPWM_Destroy'
    1>collect2.exe : error : ld returned 1 exit status
    1>Done building project "AzureSpheretest.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
    ========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 4:29 AM
  • Thanks for the details. Ensure that you have built all the projects it contains and set up the include/linker paths correctly so that ‘Servo’ can pull in the ‘softPWM’ code.

Since you are able to run Azure Sphere samples without any issues, it would better to reach out to the repo owner for further help on this issue. Also, please share the resolution so that it can be beneficial to the community.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:53 AM