none
Which database to use for windows embedded handheld 6.5 for scanning barcodes RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I'm doing some development with windows embedded handheld 6.5 classic and I have a question. It will be used for scanning barcodes. We have no WIFI so I can't directly connect to the server, so my question is, what database can I use with VB that works in such cases where you can't directly connect to the server database, because I plan on making database on this device and I need to also connect it with Visual Basic. If anyone has any experience with this or recommends any database over the other, it would be much appreciated. Also, can I work with it in Visual Studio 2017. Thanks in advance.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Shixor,

You should be able to use a SQLite database on the Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 but VS 2017 does not support development for these older devices (The one you mention is based on Windows CE 5.X) so you will need a copy of VS 2005 or VS 2008 with the SDK installed to create an application.  You may want to follow up with the device manufacturer or reseller for more specific support.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 8:15 AM