none
FTP/SFTP too many ports under same host instance creating issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have 30 FTP/SFTP ports in the production and all FTP/SFTP ports use same host instance.

As soon as I create a new SFTP port, all other FTP/FTP  ports stop polling. If I select a different host instance  for any of the existing port, then all ports start working again.

This made me thinks that there is a threshold at host instance level.

Is there any limitation on the number of receive location under same host instance? I have many file ports under same host instance and never saw this problem.

Is this anything to do with FTP/SFTP adapter settings?

Thanks

Friday, March 17, 2017 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Ann,

AFAIK, there is no restriction on the # of rcv locations under same host instance.

Are you using the BizTalk native SFTP adapter or nSoftware SFTP adapter ?

Please check to make sure SSH passwords are not empty.

-Rakesh

Friday, March 17, 2017 8:31 PM
  • We are using Biztalk native SFTP adapter on Biztalk server 2013. SFTP server configured  to use  user ID and passwords , which is entered at the port

Thanks

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:26 PM
  • Thanks for clarifying the adapter. Based on your earlier description it seems like a case of throttling.

I am sure there are several experts here who can help you. Hope you find a solution to the problem.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:21 PM
  • Hi,

It is always good choice to divide the messaging workload across multiple host instances .

This way you can have optimum utilization of Biz Talk and its processing capability . Apart from developing solution for Biz Talk Developer/Admins it is very necessary to understand how  you create a create and deploy robust integration solution and what will be workload for the specific host instances .

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:48 AM
  • Thank you Rex.

Looks like we need to apply CU. Is it necessary to apply entire CU, or applying  SFTP related  KBs is sufficient to fix the issue?

• Edited by Ann Elsy Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:46 PM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:14 PM
  • I created separate host instance and moved all SFTP receive locations under newly created host. I also increased  the connection limit property at the receive locations. But still getting below errors.

The adapter "SFTP" raised an error message. Details "The WCF service host at address XXXXX  has faulted and as a result no more messages can be received on the corresponding receive location. To fix the issue, BizTalk Server will automatically attempt to restart the service host.".

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:19 PM