Sql Server 2008 r2 security and logins role and premissions??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, i have one very important question, i have a server running SQL server and it working we are accessing the database and inserting the data but it is very poorly configured.

there are no login, no premissions, on roles are asigned and i want to kow can i do this now or do i have to reinstall eveything and redo all the work???

OS Windows server 2008R2 std.

App Sql server 2008R2 std

sql server authentication.(mix mode)

please help.

Thank you

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:13 AM

Answers

• You can add logins, users, and roles and start assigning permissions now. See Database Engine Permission Basics
    Rick Byham, Microsoft, SQL Server Books Online, Implies no warranty
    • Marked as answer by DesipmDB Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:06 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi guys, i have one very important question, i have a server running SQL server and it working we are accessing the database and inserting the data but it is very poorly configured.

there are no login, no permissions, on roles are assigned and i want to know can i do this now or do i have to reinstall everything and redo all the work???

OS Windows server 2008R2 std.

App Sql server 2008R2 std

sql server authentication.(mix mode)

please help.

Thank you

sorry for misspell words  :(

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:17 AM
  • there are no login, no premissions, on roles are asigned and i want to kow can i do this now or do i have to reinstall eveything and redo all the work???

Sorry but I don't understand the above statement.  Please will you provide some background so I can better understand your problem.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:27 AM
  • You can add logins, users, and roles and start assigning permissions now. See Database Engine Permission Basics
    Rick Byham, Microsoft, SQL Server Books Online, Implies no warranty
    • Marked as answer by DesipmDB Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:06 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:35 PM
  • Mr Rick sir you are great and your article is Bomb. thank you very much. 

You cannot vote on your own post

i been through the application(web.config file) and found out that the application was using "sa" account (which i don't think is a good idea) so i will start creating some login's, users, roles quick. 

we are using SQL server authentication to use the .net application. the Meachine(Main Server) that we use to run sql server on is not a Domain yet, but it will be in the future. so i think i should create the Accounts in windows server first then i should change the accounts for all the services in Sql server Configuration manager and then the rest?

thank you very much for your time and answer :)

best regards

desi

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:16 PM