Feedback from a first time Expression Blend 3 + Sketchflow user RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all

I figure this is the place to leave feedback as well as ask questions?

The Expressions suite (inc. Blend + Sketchflow) arrived on my desk last week and I've been hooked ever since. What can I say - Blend, Sketchflow, XAML, the lot - its cutting edge and what it can do is simply amazing compared to the traditional tools I'm used to. ____ - I even started teaching myself C# just to know it better.

I do have a couple of bits of feedback at this early point in my "Expression career" however, (and I pray to the gods of the Interweb that I'll get a reply like "Yep - no problems - we'll include that in next release!", but I'm new here and used to design by chaos that is a large organisation of any sort ;) )

The first is from a user perspective - a small one really. It'd be great to have a ruler with viewable measurements option when you're looking at things like Grid Layouts. Maybe its just me, but having a quick visual cue of scale would be nice.

The second is from a (large - 6000+ employees) PoV - the first feedback I got from executives when showing off the capabilities of Sketchflow in terms of collaborative design, especially when dealing with non-IT corporate collegues who don't want a steep learning curve and who work best with intuition in these sorts of cases, is the ability to actually type on the screen when giving feedback to a Sketchflow prototype. Something akin to Sticky Labels in PDF files, or comment boxes in Illustrator. Not everyone has a touch screen / touch pad to write with, and users first instinct appears to be to click on the prototype after drawing on it with the pen (great feature btw) and try to write a comment to go with that arrow or circle or other scribble. Basically the little comment box to the side wasn't robust enough, and was only used to provide general comments - usually "Nice work. Some updates. See comments." :)

Anyway - would love to see those features, but overall, awesome product!
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 10:20 PM

Answers

• Akitora,
    This is absolutely the right place to give us feedback on Expression 3 SketchFlow.

We originally wanted to do what you asked for entering notes on the screen of the player and we are hopefully will have that in a future release.

Thanks so much,
    Bob Pappas
    SketchFlow Engineering Manager
    • Marked as answer by Akitora Friday, October 9, 2009 12:09 AM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 5:45 PM

All replies

• Meh - Ignore this thread! Just found MS Connect, which is really where I should have posted. Sorry for cluttering! Hopefully I can post here when I have questions or some sort of advice to share :)
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 8:06 AM
  • Akitora,
    This is absolutely the right place to give us feedback on Expression 3 SketchFlow.

We originally wanted to do what you asked for entering notes on the screen of the player and we are hopefully will have that in a future release.

Thanks so much,
    Bob Pappas
    SketchFlow Engineering Manager
    • Marked as answer by Akitora Friday, October 9, 2009 12:09 AM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 5:45 PM
  • Thanks Bob!

We look forward to it.

(Not to mention the warm fuzzy feeling I just got for seeing that MS is listening to users :) )
    Friday, October 9, 2009 12:13 AM