Getting error TF249033 when creating a new SharePoint site for a team project collection RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to set up a sharepoint site for our TFS 2010 according to this instructions . At the point where the TFS admin console tries to create the SharePoint site for the team project collection I get the following error:

TF249033: The site template is not available for the locale identifier (LCID). The site template name is: STS#0. The LCID is: 1033.

I figured, that the error might occur because we have a german SharePoint installation, but that's just a guess. Can anybody give some advise here?

Thanks,

Thursday, May 20, 2010 12:55 PM

Answers

• Hello Matthias,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

This error occurs when TFS can't find sharepoint extension under same locale. You have to reinstall Sharepoint in English to solve this issue.

If you look into folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE, you will find folders 1031 (German) and 1033 (English). In 1033 folder, it lacks of the template STS#0. If you copy the content under 1031 to 1033, it may solve the problem which blocks TFS installation, but it may have other locale issues.

Thanks.

Hongye Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    See what's happening in MSDN forum? Follow us at Twitter.
    • Marked as answer by matthias eder Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:23 AM
    Monday, May 24, 2010 2:40 AM

All replies

• Hello Matthias,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

This error occurs when TFS can't find sharepoint extension under same locale. You have to reinstall Sharepoint in English to solve this issue.

If you look into folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE, you will find folders 1031 (German) and 1033 (English). In 1033 folder, it lacks of the template STS#0. If you copy the content under 1031 to 1033, it may solve the problem which blocks TFS installation, but it may have other locale issues.

Thanks.

Hongye Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    See what's happening in MSDN forum? Follow us at Twitter.
    • Marked as answer by matthias eder Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:23 AM
    Monday, May 24, 2010 2:40 AM
  • Ok, I tried to copy the 1031 folder, but as you expected, it didn't work, although I got a new error message saying that the language is not supported by the server. Maybe installing language packs might do the trick, but I think I'll go with a new english SharePoint for now.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:45 AM
  • I found a solution.

Just install the Language Packs for the version of your sharepoint (year and SERVER or FOUNDATION SERVICE ) and in the language corresponding of TFS (look on the internet to find the language appropriate to the number of the folder which arise problem).

• Edited by Yoann B. _ Tuesday, June 29, 2010 8:04 AM correction
    • Proposed as answer by Dennis Kuhn Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:17 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:48 AM
  • Easy and proper solution, I can't see how it is practical for companies to reinstall their entire SharePoint Server or to do hacks like copying files, as suggested by the microsoft staff
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:19 PM
  • Hello, I have installed SharePoint Foundation 2013 in Spanish, what I did was modify the file  WssTasks.xml:
    <! -
         <site template="Team Foundation Server Project Portal" language="1033" />
      ->
    <site template="Portal Project Team Foundation Server" language="3082" />
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:26 PM
  • Donde esta ese fichero??
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:41 PM