Unpublished Windows Phone 8 app, WP7 version not showing up on WP8 phones RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have published an app for Christmas on the Windows Phone store with both WP8 and WP7 versions. After it being published I found out that the version downloaded from the store crashes on WP8 devices while the WP7 ones works fine. I tested this issue on Lumia 520, 1020 and HTC 8X. Not quite sure why this happens, the XAP I submitted works fine.

That left aside, I unpublished the WP8 version to prevent bad reviewes considering the fact that WP7 version would instead be served to WP8 devices as well with backward compatibility. That isn't happening. When I search for "Christmas Chimes" on WP8 I don't find my app.

On the other hand, when I follow the download URL on WP8 I see the app page saying "This app is not supported on your phone". What should be my next step? How do I get the WP7 version available for WP8 devices?

App URL http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/christmas-chimes/6fbadbfa-81a7-4a2b-8580-9816a6270f77

Urgent! Any help appreciated. Thanks!

- Omkar K

Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:31 AM

All replies