Unable to find a volume... RRS feed

• Question

• trying to install Silverlight 2.0 I get this message:

"Unable to find a volume for file extraction. Please verify that you heve the proper permissions."

I am the only user on this pc and have admin permissions.

Somebody has a solution?

Saturday, April 25, 2009 8:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Jboelaert,

Please redownload its install file and right click on the exe file choose "Run as Administrator".  If it doesn't work, please follow smcwhorter's reply on this thread.  It is for Blend but similar with Silverlight.  We need to copy all its exacted files.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Jboelaert,

Please redownload its install file and right click on the exe file choose "Run as Administrator".  If it doesn't work, please follow smcwhorter's reply on this thread.  It is for Blend but similar with Silverlight.  We need to copy all its exacted files.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 6:17 AM
  • Extracted files? What extracted files? The error message clearly states that it could not find a volume to extract to. 

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:04 PM
  • I agree 147.26% - there are no extractred files, and what GUIDs I can locate on the drive say "Access Denied" even though I have local administrative rights on the box.

Friday, September 9, 2011 2:08 PM
  • I had a similar problem. It turned out that although I was part of administrators group on the local machine, the access writes on c:\ were restricted to another administrator. So it was straight-forward to change the access rights and the install executed.

Monday, November 28, 2011 2:06 PM
  • Extract with winrar and ready, you will find files within.

Best Regards

• Edited by magako Monday, April 7, 2014 4:08 PM
    Monday, April 7, 2014 4:07 PM