none
Re: EDI: Party Resolution and configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a question, possibly a somewhat silly one (this is just from my lack of knowledge of EDI).

Why is there a specific party resolution engine in the EDI system? Why don't use the standard content based routing (or give us the possibility to use it. Just don't parse the service segments (ISA, ST..., that's all).
    The party engine is a natural for EDI people. But it is unnatural for the BizTalk developers.
    The party resolution engine is rigid, it is not hide the service segments from developers. BTW We can not use the recognized party for routing, can't we?

Regards,

Leonid Ganeline

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 4:43 PM

Answers

• To justify the design of our system in this limited space would be a challenging task so I will not dive into that. To answer in short, the party resolution is used to determine what settings to be applied, what settings to use for schema resolution etc on the receive side and all the envelope settings on the send side.

In this case, there is no right or wrong answer. If you have suggestions for us to improve, you can log them here and we will review them for our vNext.

Thanks

Mohsin

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:21 PM