none
Multiple checkboxes in one cell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I have one requirement to create multiple check-box with drop-down in a single cell, where I can select multiple values from drop-down.

Please suggest the steps or useful articles for reference.

Friday, September 18, 2015 8:15 PM

Answers

• AFAIK the only method of creating a dropdown of checkboxes is to use ListBoxes ActiveX control. However, it will involve VBA code to make the ListBox visible when you click in the cell and also to expand the list so all items are visible.

It will also involve code to extract the items that have been checked. This can be done with a CommandButton on the worksheet or occur automatically when you click on another cell.

Let me know if this type of solution is satisfactory and I will create example code. I will also need to know what you then want to do with the extracted information like if it is to be written to another part of the worksheet. the entire thing can become quite complex depending on exactly what you want.

Regards, OssieMac

Saturday, September 19, 2015 3:46 AM

All replies

• AFAIK the only method of creating a dropdown of checkboxes is to use ListBoxes ActiveX control. However, it will involve VBA code to make the ListBox visible when you click in the cell and also to expand the list so all items are visible.

It will also involve code to extract the items that have been checked. This can be done with a CommandButton on the worksheet or occur automatically when you click on another cell.

Let me know if this type of solution is satisfactory and I will create example code. I will also need to know what you then want to do with the extracted information like if it is to be written to another part of the worksheet. the entire thing can become quite complex depending on exactly what you want.

Regards, OssieMac

Saturday, September 19, 2015 3:46 AM
  • Thanks OssieMac, Exactly same approach I was thinking. I will work with this approach and will post a question if any issue comes. 

Cheers!

Saturday, September 19, 2015 4:02 PM