Problems with Register at Dreamspark and using supports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Iam have a problem with my e-mail address: First of I can't register with it at Dreamspark it says "invalid preferred communication e-mail address."

Second problem is when I try to use the support to look at this problem I get the same problem saying Invalid e-mail address. 

My address is name-@hotmail.se could the - and nothing after be a reason why it doesn't work? Is there anyway to fix this? Since I can't use the support either Iam kinda stuck atm.

Iam using this email address and  can mail with it and works fine everywhere.

First time I use this so please correct me if Iam not doing something correct.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:24 PM

Answers

• hmm that form is affected too! thats frustrating. 

I filled out the form and I'll see if the team reaches out to me.  In the meantime, hotmail accounts are free to create, could you create one without the '-' at the end just for temporary use?

Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support

Did Microsoft call you out of the blue about your computer? No, they didn't.

• Marked as answer by Joacke_a Monday, January 26, 2015 8:59 AM
    Friday, January 23, 2015 4:50 PM

All replies

• Joacke_a,

Can you follow the 'contact us' link on this FAQ page?

https://www.dreamspark.com/Support/FAQ/Default.aspx#asi18

This should connect you to the right people for help, if you can get the form to work.

Thanks,
    Mike

Thursday, January 22, 2015 12:42 AM
  • Hi Mike.

Thats the other problem I can't use my email address there it says "Invalid e-mail address.". Thats why I can't ask them for help.  

Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:20 AM
  • hmm that form is affected too! thats frustrating. 

I filled out the form and I'll see if the team reaches out to me.  In the meantime, hotmail accounts are free to create, could you create one without the '-' at the end just for temporary use?

Mike

• Marked as answer by Joacke_a Monday, January 26, 2015 8:59 AM
    Friday, January 23, 2015 4:50 PM
  • That's true, have done it and will try to get it work with another hotmail account.

Thanks for taking the time.

Monday, January 26, 2015 8:59 AM
  • Joacke, have you heard from the dreamspark team yet using your alternative hotmail address?  They've reached out to me.

Thanks,

Mike

Monday, January 26, 2015 8:52 PM
  • No Mike. Haven't heard anything from them yet.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:09 AM
  • Joacke,

can you contact me by visiting http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions and clicking the 'site feedback' link at the very bottom?  This will put an email in my inbox and I'll be able to reach out to you individually.  I'll put you on the thread with the dreamspark support team I have going.

Thanks,
    Mike

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 6:00 PM