NotificationsExtensions causes Debug App Check to fail

Question

• What to do?I am using this NotificationsExtensions.WINMD file for tiles notifications.

• Moved by Jesse_F Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:10 PM Support for specific error (From:Windows Store: Publishing Metro Style apps for Windows 8)
    Tuesday, May 1, 2012 2:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Musterzone,

so I built the App Tiles and badges sample which references notificationsextension.  The notificationsextensions project is part of that solution and referenced as a project reference.  I was unable to reproduce the issue.  It sounds like you'll need to rebuild the notificationsextnensions.winmd file under release mode.

In solution explorer, check the references node for your project to get the path of the notificationsextensions.winmd in the properties window when you select the node.  In a developer command prompt, navigate to the path where you are referencing that winmd file and type in ildasm notificationsextensions.winmd.  In ildasm, double click on the MANIFEST node.  In the MANIFEST window, look for a DebuggableAttribute.  If you it has that attribute, then you'll need to rebuild that particular winmd file for release and reference it and/or include that project like the App and Tiles and badges sample in the solution and change it to a project reference.

thanks,

mike

• Marked as answer by mustzerone Thursday, May 3, 2012 7:54 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 10:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Mustzerone,

Are you compiling in debug mode? If so, that is what will cause your error. You will have to compile in release configuration mode to pass certification. Have a look at this page to see how to switch between the two relatively quickly. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jesse

• Edited by Jesse_F Tuesday, May 1, 2012 9:56 PM
    Tuesday, May 1, 2012 9:37 PM
  • Thanks for answering Jesse

I am already compiling in release configuration. I double checked it. Then compiled it again. Same error appeared on Windows Certification Kit results.

here are my configuration manager settings:

There is no compilation error when I compile in release configuration but the Windows Certification Kit shows the error that I posted in my first post. (Also all other Windows certification kit tests are passed) 

Mustzerone

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 11:10 PM
  • Hi Mustzerone,

I did some digging and I am going to place this in the Tools forum to get you better support for the specific error you are having. It appears that particular file is causing the error. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jesse

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:09 PM
  • Thanks Jesse for moving the thread to tools forum.

Mustzerone

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:56 PM
  • Hi Musterzone,

so I built the App Tiles and badges sample which references notificationsextension.  The notificationsextensions project is part of that solution and referenced as a project reference.  I was unable to reproduce the issue.  It sounds like you'll need to rebuild the notificationsextnensions.winmd file under release mode.

In solution explorer, check the references node for your project to get the path of the notificationsextensions.winmd in the properties window when you select the node.  In a developer command prompt, navigate to the path where you are referencing that winmd file and type in ildasm notificationsextensions.winmd.  In ildasm, double click on the MANIFEST node.  In the MANIFEST window, look for a DebuggableAttribute.  If you it has that attribute, then you'll need to rebuild that particular winmd file for release and reference it and/or include that project like the App and Tiles and badges sample in the solution and change it to a project reference.

thanks,

mike

• Marked as answer by mustzerone Thursday, May 3, 2012 7:54 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 10:37 PM
  • Thank you so much for your help mike, my problem is solved now. Now I have 2 warnings in result related to Performance such as:

Where can I find information required to fix these issues?

Also my app's launch time is 0.94 seconds where as it says in results that:

"To ensure system responsiveness applications are expected to launch within 5 seconds"

So why 0.94 seconds is considered as poor launch time when expected time is within 5 seconds?

any suggestions?

I have also tested a new totally blank app and the test result has performance warnings for it too! is this some bug in Windows App Cert. Kit?

Thanks in advance.

Mustzerone

• Edited by mustzerone Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:46 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:02 PM