none
API RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I'm developing a dll in c#.net,

for that dll i have give license,

the constrain is to give licence for design time,

How do i give license for design time.

How can i execute/debug a class library in design without using any user control/any attachments

please do help

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Shiny Arline,

Thank you fro posting here.

For your question, to enable licensing for your component or control, you could do the steps below.

1. Apply a LicenseProviderAttribute to the class.
    2. Call Validate or IsValid in the constructor.
    3. Call Dispose on any granted license in the finalizer of the class or before the finalizer is called.

For more details, you could refer to the MSDN article.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fe8b1eh9.aspx

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by RohitArora Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:28 AM
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:08 AM
  • Thank You For Answering,

but i, only want license for class library not for component/control.

The above solution will not be useful for my requirment.

the constrain is to give licence for both design time and run time,

How do i give license for design time.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:54 AM
  • Hi Shiny Arline,

Thank you for feedback.

>> only want license for class library not for component/control.

You could download the source file from the code project for reference.

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/996001/A-Ready-To-Use-Software-Licensing-Solution-in-Csha

>>How do i give license for design time.

If you want to give the license for design time mean when you add reference in design time, you need the license of the dll. Sorry for that, as I know, I do not find way to give license in design time, the only thing we could get is compiler error. 

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:32 AM
  • Hi Shiny Arline,

Any update?

If you solved your problem, please mark the useful reply as answer. This will make answer searching in the forum and be beneficial to community members as well.

If you have something else about this issue, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support

Saturday, January 27, 2018 2:37 PM