none
Forecast cost without deleted resources and manual work RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to forecast cost without any deleted resources/services under a single subscription.  Currently, I use cost analysis and I look at cost by resources/accumulated costs for the last month/quarter/year.  After I deleted resources/services, I would like to project costs for the rest of the year (i.e. next 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, year- quarter by quarter).  In order to achieve this I export the data as an excel file but now I manually remove the resources/services deleted during the month then extrapolate and not include them into the forecast.  To do this, I run another cost analysis for each individual resource/service which I am keeping as a forecast view this month/quarter/year.  Month to month there are resources/services deleted/added.  Lots of manual work.  Is there a better way?

• Edited by qruscat Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:12 PM
    Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:01 PM

All replies

• A couple of clarification questions:

• Are you trying to forecast the cost of the deleted resources/services under the subscriptions without actually deleting them? i.e: You are testing the forecast based on the changes in resources
    • Also, are you looking to forecast the different periods at once or differently in the export?
    Friday, November 1, 2019 7:04 AM
  • Could you provide below details to help you further?
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 1:36 PM