none
Visual Basic 2010 Coding RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently working with a program that have to do with billing in the fast food spaza shop. The program requires RadioButtons for menu selection and options check boxes. I designed the interface which include labels and text boxes including radio buttons and check boxes. The code calculate only quantity by price but exclude option check box if customer need it.

e.g. the code i used is as follows for radiobuttons:

If ChieckenRadioButton.Checked Then

PriceDecimal = CHICKEN_PRICE_Decimal  and this continue to other items.

My challenge is two checkboxes that are in the program which allow the customers to choose either one of them or both. This must be added together with selected menu item which must be added together to calculate amount due based on number of customers.

Can somebody help me in this regard

Thursday, July 5, 2018 12:12 PM

All replies

• Please provide code that has been written so those who want to assist have an idea where you are currently. Make sure to use the code button (second button from the right) when posting code.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Thursday, July 5, 2018 12:16 PM
  • Hi

You will need to be more specific.

You have 2 CheckBoxes. These can be either both checked, or one checked and the other not checked. -OK, so what do you need to do based on A and B, A and not B, not A and B, not A and not B.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Thursday, July 5, 2018 12:19 PM
  • Also, this sounds like a homework assignment (a real application would not have such "requirements" and certainly would not have a hard-coded menu interface).

For homework questions, you will need to show the code you have so far and indicate the part you are having trouble with using comments that indicate what you want to do next.  Then you can receive general advice on how to proceed.

For a real application, you should back up and begin with a question about designing such an application (though it does not appear that you have reached a point where your development experience is sufficient for writing a real application for someone else's business use).

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Thursday, July 5, 2018 12:27 PM