uploading data from csv file to azure storage RRS feed

• Question

• User65893105 posted

I need to allow users of my azure web app to be able to upload data from csv files.  What are the best practices for achieving this with azure ? do i use BLOB or Table storage (although im guessing table storage seems more appropriate)  Id then have a mechanism for inserting the uploaded data into my main database (webjobs, and SQL server stored procedures, etc)

Usually in this scenario the csv file would be uploaded to the servers file system and processed from there but obviously this isn't possible with azure so are there any tutorials available on this subject ?  or does anyone have any advice ?  (The csv file upload is a specific business requirement so I have to create this functionality)

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 8:18 AM

All replies

• User1068175894 posted

If you can parse the file inmediatelly to store it in table storage you may as well store it directly in sql server so I wouldnt use table storage if sql server is your final destination

If you want to dissociate the process of uploading the file with the process that parse it and store it, either to handle a bigger load or for audit purpose (keeping a copy of everything that was uploaded, keep track of files that errored out for retry, etc), in this case you upload the files to blob storage.

You could go serverless and create an Azure Function with a BlobTrigger that gets executed when a new file gets into the blob 

----------------------------
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 9:28 PM