Install Autodesk Civil 3D 2012 in Windows 8 Developer Preview

Question

• Hello There,

I would like to ask you if i can install Autodesk Civil 3D 2012 in Windows 8 Developer Preview because i face a problem to install these software so, is there any solution for these problem

Thank you.

• Moved by Brent Serbus Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:39 AM install question (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:28 PM

All replies

• Hello There,

I would like to ask you if i can install Autodesk Civil 3D 2012 in Windows 8 Developer Preview because i face a problem to install these software so, is there any solution for these problem

Thank you.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:24 PM
  • Hi Sadoka,

Can you expound on the issues you are seeing during installation? There are known issues with other Autodesk 2012 applications such as Autodesk 3D Max, Softimage, and Inventor.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:58 AM
  • Hello HaoWei

Just i can't install the program it closed itself while i press install bottom so, my question is this program compatible with win 8 dp

Thank you  

Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:50 AM
  • Sadoka,

Have you tried to install Autodesk Civil 3D 2012 using Compatibility mode?  If not, give it a try.

1. Right click on setup file
    2. Click on Properties
    3. Click on Compatibility tab
    4. Put a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    5. Select Windows 7
    6. Put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under Privilege Level

Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:35 PM
    Answerer
  • Looks like you already posted to Autiodesk's official forum here and got an answer.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:42 PM