none
My group has an MSDN subscription - can each developer get a login to download tools? RRS feed

• Question

• Can you have multiple logins associated with one subscription?  I'm not sure how it was configured at my last job, but in my new position at a smaller company, there are only a few developers.  They need to be able to install things like SQL Developer edition, Visual Studio etc.  There is one person who has access to the MSDN subscription info, should they be able to setup different logins for the developers?

Friday, August 23, 2013 2:41 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, you cannot.    There are no such things as "group" MSDN Subscriptions.  From the MSDN Subscriptions Licensing help page:

"MSDN subscriptions are only offered per individual, there are no “team” subscriptions or sharing of subscription benefits."

If you need to have multiple people using MSDN Subscriptoins, then you'll need to have a purchased subscription for each of them.  It may make sense for your team to explore some volume licensing option for MSDN Subscriptions, which you can learn more about here: http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.aspx

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Monday, August 26, 2013 3:00 PM