Access 2016 Cannot set Paper Size to A3 RRS feed

• General discussion

• A3 is no longer available as a paper size selection.  We have Access databases from previous versions of Access that use A3 size paper for some reports and they do not work in Access 2016.
    Sunday, July 17, 2016 7:24 PM

All replies

• I don't know if it has changed, but earlier Access versions were dependent on the installed printer for paper sizes. I presume Access 2016 is on a different computer than the previous Access version? Does that computer have a default printer with an A3 paper size?

Paul

Monday, July 18, 2016 9:31 PM
  • Access 2016 is on the same computer as previous Access versions and the default printer has A3 size paper, but Access 2016 does not have A3 as a size option.
    Monday, July 18, 2016 9:43 PM
  • My experience does not tally with yours.  I have Access 2016 installed, and all printers on my network are A4.  I can select A3 as the paper size in report design view, however, and can output the report in print preview at that size.  Check that your Windows language settings are for the UK; I have come across situations where some UK options are not available if the system is not set to UK English.

Ken Sheridan, Stafford, England

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:27 AM
  • This is indeed odd.  My system is normally set for Australia with English (Australia).  I changed it to UK and English (UK), but still no option for A3.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 7:51 PM
  • As you say, odd.  I can't offer any explanation I'm afraid.

Ken Sheridan, Stafford, England

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 7:57 PM