none
Offline development (without camera connected) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get the following working:

- Record a scene with Kinect v2 in Kinect Studio

- Disconect the Camera

- Simulate the Camera with the playback of the recorded stream while developing an Apliccation.

I found a few things on the internet for this, but I can't get it running. Any help would be fine.

Monday, August 11, 2014 1:08 PM

Answers

• In Kinect Studio v2 go to:

File->Open->Open file for playback

Click on the file you wish to play back, which at the moment must be within your "Documents\Kinect Studio\Repository" folder.

Once you have clicked a file the program will go to the Playback tab, and from there just click the play button. Kinect studio plays back the data at the same framerate it was captured, so you program must keep up with the incoming data just as with the real Kinect device connected.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:12 AM

All replies

• In Kinect Studio v2 go to:

File->Open->Open file for playback

Click on the file you wish to play back, which at the moment must be within your "Documents\Kinect Studio\Repository" folder.

Once you have clicked a file the program will go to the Playback tab, and from there just click the play button. Kinect studio plays back the data at the same framerate it was captured, so you program must keep up with the incoming data just as with the real Kinect device connected.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:12 AM
  • Thank you for your answer.

That's what I tried all the time. But nowI found my mistake: My Application was waiting for the sensor to get available, because I read somewhere that the camera is simulated by kinect studio.

As soon as I go on without waiting for the sensor everything works fine.

Thanks again for your help.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 6:42 AM