custom server control and jquery ajax RRS feed

• Question

• User-1716255607 posted
    Hi to all first, this is my first post here. So I have one problem. I'm beginner in developing custom server controls... I need to call function in server control (serverside) with $.ajax() function on client code... I managed to call whole page and then with Page.ClientQueryString to get some data but ofc then I get whole page code and not only control code...
    Monday, June 1, 2009 3:00 AM

Answers

• User-1716255607 posted
    I needed something like ICallbackEventHandler Interface in server control... I wanted to call function from jquery and get result from it... but since I didn't get any response I just used ICallbackEventHandler...
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:24 AM

All replies

• User-2106054853 posted

Hi,

Is my understanding correct that you want to get the reference of current page from control class? If so you can use Page property of your control to do so.

If I misunderstood you could you clarify what do you mean by this?

managed to call whole page and then with Page.ClientQueryString to get some data but ofc then I get whole page code and not only control code...

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:28 AM
  • User-1716255607 posted
    I needed something like ICallbackEventHandler Interface in server control... I wanted to call function from jquery and get result from it... but since I didn't get any response I just used ICallbackEventHandler...
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:24 AM