none
Replication in SQL Server 2017 from an Oracle 11g as publisher RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone setup a Replication in SQL Server 2017 from an Oracle 11g database as publisher and SQL Server 2017 as Subscriber. MSDN says it is not supported.

I don’t know why MS has removed this wonderful feature from Replication.

Thanks and regards,

Sheetal Prasad

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Sheetal Prasad S,

As the official documentation says, this is not supported. I  recommend you to submit it to the Microsoft feedback at this link https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server . This site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft feedback.

As a workaround, you can enable CDC in oracle, transfer incremental data to sql server via ssis.

Hope this could help you .

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Sheetal Prasad S,

As the official documentation says, this is not supported. I  recommend you to submit it to the Microsoft feedback at this link https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server . This site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft feedback.

As a workaround, you can enable CDC in oracle, transfer incremental data to sql server via ssis.

Hope this could help you .

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:01 AM
  • Thank you Dedmon Dai,

I will submit this to MS Feedback.

Thanks and regards,

Sheetal.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:21 AM