Design help needed (C# modules handling Database + business logic) RRS feed

• Question

• User1275721562 posted

I'm new to MVC3, so i need some guidence...

I have a database (DB2 via ODBC) with tons of tables!(DB2 on host). I have a ton af modules i DB2-stored-procedures, that I plan on converting to C# (or C# web-services). These buisiness modules  contain all the  buisiness logic and the updating of the database via ODBC: 1 module per insert/update/delete/list. These modules also return data to be presented in gui after insert/update/delete/list.

Where and how do I implement these modules in an MVC3 application?

Regards

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:02 AM

All replies

• User-869952975 posted

Your requirment is not very clear, Can you explain the below phrase in detail?

" i DB2-stored-procedures, that I plan on converting to C# (or C# web-services). These buisiness modules  contain all the  buisiness logic and the updating of the database via ODBC: 1 module per insert/update/delete/list."

Friday, November 2, 2012 9:51 AM
  • User1275721562 posted

What I ment to say was: All business-modules doing the validation and updating of the database is today placed in DB2-Stored-procedures. These modules also return cursors with the data for the online to show! For example: The online java module responceable for Table-A, calls one stored-procedure when updating a row. The module validates data, updates data, and returns cursors with the data to show online!

Another module is called when deleting a row, and yet another when the read next row is wanted......

Hope this is clearer! :-)

Monday, November 5, 2012 2:04 AM
  • User-869952975 posted

if I understand correctly, You have a Java application connects DB2 that has lot of Stored procedues and Cursors where bussiness logic is writen. Now you are planning to change the architecture of application using ASP.Net MVC and also DB2-SP to be converted as C# modules as bussiness logic layer. Is it your requirement?

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:03 AM
  • User1275721562 posted

Yes, thats soundst about right!

I am doing the conversion of the DB2-stored-procedures myself!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:23 AM