Change Recovery Vault from GRS to LRS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I'm new to the forum

I just setup MABS on a server for business data backup, but I'm pretty sure I setup the Recovery Vault as LRS. The monthly bill came in and it was way too high, so I checked and the Recovery Vault is setup for GRS which I don't need.

My Google search came back with it can't be done and I will need to a new Recovery Vault with the correct settings. So under Backup Infrastructure > Backup Configuration, there's an option to change but it's greyed out; why? Is that functionality under some sort of premium service (I have a properly configured pay-as-you-go subscription)

Internet speeds in Cayman are really poor for Upstream speeds so I want to move it in MS Azure and change to LRS

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks Tim

Friday, July 20, 2018 4:43 PM

All replies

• By default, your vault has geo-redundant storage. The best time to identify your storage redundancy option is right after vault creation and before any machine registered to the vault. After an item has been registered to the vault, the storage redundancy option is locked and cannot be modified. Try recreating the vault and change the storage redundancy then configure the backup again. once backups are in GRS vault there is currently no way to switch the vault to LRS without re-seeding backups in a new LRS Vault. You can do this activity without premium any service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by Sandeep BR Friday, July 20, 2018 6:00 PM
    Friday, July 20, 2018 6:00 PM
  • @Tim:

Just checking in to see if the above suggestions helped or you need further assistance on this issue.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 5:39 PM
  • Thanks for the replay. I recreated the Recovery Vault and ensured it was LRS. I've re-seeded but its taken 6 days to upload the business files. With my islands extremely slow Upstream speeds, I've decided going forward to use File Shares with MABS to back that data-up (with LRS of course).

Monday, July 30, 2018 7:11 PM

• Thanks for the update. If you have any further query, then do let us know.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:14 PM