none
User selectable DVD Burner write speed RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is there a version of Windows where the DVD write speed is slowed when write quality begins to get poor or less than optimal?

Is there a version of windows where the user has a way of over riding(reducing) the speed when the application requires

a very high quality DVD DisK?

Monday, December 2, 2013 7:21 PM

All replies

• not a driver development question, please use a more appropriate forum. thanks

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 2, 2013 9:00 PM
  •  Please help. I had a problem with high error rate & quality during the DVD burn. I feel I have solved the problem by switching from a 16X speed "R" DVD media to a 4X speed "RW" DVD media. I have checked the 4X write with a utility & it showed to be of very high quality. 

I am trying to share my experience and at the same time understand better how this all works.

If this is the wrong forum, is there another forum where someone would understand how the drive interacts with the software & whether it is the job of the drive, the firmware in the drive, or some other software that controls

the speed. Or maybe I should just be satisfied that I have solved my situation and go away.

Thanks.

Monday, December 2, 2013 10:34 PM
  • Sorry. I found the answer in other forums. The option was in XP but no longer there. Aparently it is now up to setting it in the burn utility of the users choice. My question has been answered and can be closed.
    Monday, December 2, 2013 11:11 PM