none
C++ and UWP Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, recently I install Visual Studio 2019 with C# components and everything worked well, but today, I decided to install C++ too. I checked "Desktop development with C++" and about 1.64 GB data downloaded and installed. After everthing is done, I can't seeing the C++ templates on Visual Studio, it shows only C# projects. I tried to uninstall, repair, but not working. And I have a problem with Win10SDK too, I can't install UWP components. Visual Studio Installer stucks on installing Win10SDK. How can I fix that problem? Thanks in advance.

Here's screenshot of installed components:

In Visual Studio:

Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM

All replies

• The first, and obvious thing, would be to try to uninstall or repair the Windows 10 SDK directly.

You can get access to this Via Apps & Features in the Windows 10 settings:

or through Programs and Features in Control Panel:

If you can't find it in these places, then try installing the Windows 10 SDK manually from here (use the ISO installer if you don't have much faith in your internet connection). If this fails then the problem runs deeper and you may have to consider reimaging/reinstalling Windows.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Hi Tugay,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, you can try the following methods:

>> I can't seeing the C++ templates on Visual Studio, it shows only C# projects.

Please check if you have the required components for C++ installed, make sure the option “Text Template Transformation” and “C# and Visual Basic Roslyn compilers” are selected.

>>I can't install UWP components. Visual Studio Installer stucks on installing Win10 SDK.

I saw that you chose “.NET Core cross-platform development” workload, the component Windows 10 SDK is required, you can also manually download and install it from here.

If this issue persists, I need your help to collect the installation log. Please download and run this collect.exetool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/and share the link in here.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, August 26, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, I downloaded Win10 SDK as iso, tried to install, but process stuck at "Updating information". Here's the log file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtEP2viZWUd_lB3JMCedEpRzeIzD?e=R7wLW6
    Monday, August 26, 2019 11:48 AM
  • Hi Tugay,

Thanks for your update.

After checked the log file, I found some error message:

>> WebClient error 'Timeout' - proxy setting 'Default' - 'https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/6eb23080-2e49-4009-a6d9-dc15224563d7/144a034038eff51aa1ccd48afc7aad33/microsoft.visualcpp.crt.x86.desktop.vsix'

Please check your internet network and it is open and stable, temporarily disable any antivirus software.

>> VS Script Debugging Common -- Error 1714. The older version of VS Script Debugging Common cannot be removed.  Contact your technical support group.  System Error 1612

The VS Installer is trying to install an MSI which is done through Windows Installer. When trying to install this MSI, Windows Installer found an older version of the MSI installed which needs to be uninstalled before we can proceed. The issue is that Windows Installer keeps its required metadata about this MSI in the %WINDIR%\Installer folder, but it is not able to find it. This can occur if you rolled back the system to a previous checkpoint, manually deleted files from this location, or ran a disk cleanup tool that removes files from this location. Unfortunately, this then leaves your machine in a corrupted state.

The VS Installer has made changes to automatically fix up these cases when possible. In your case, the setup engine was unable to automatically resolve the issue. A script has been created that you can run yourself. The instructions are as follows. If you have deleted the entire %WINDIR%\Installer folder from your machine, it is recommended to recreate this beforehand.

1. Copy the contents of https://gist.github.com/heaths/77fbe0b44496960fab25c2eb0b9e8475 to a local .ps1 file.
    2. Run Windows PowerShell as an administrator
    3. Note: on x64 machines use Windows PowerShell, not Windows PowerShell (x86)
    4. Execute the run the script file you made in step 1
    5. Go back to the VS Installer and repair your installation

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:45 AM
  • Hi, I got this error when I run the script:

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:41 PM
  • Hi Tugay,

Thanks for your update.

Please try to follow this doc and use sfc and dism commands to check and repair your OS environment.

Best regards,

Sara

Friday, August 30, 2019 9:45 AM