prevent jobs going to the second application servers owstimer RRS feed

• Question

• SharePoint 2007. We have two web front end servers and two application servers.

After delay, workflow continue work from SPTimer jobs on random App Servers.

Is there a way that you know of to prevent jobs going to the second application servers owstimer?

Senior Software Developer - Virtosoftware - Premium Web Parts for Microsoft SharePoint 2007 & 2010
    Friday, July 1, 2011 6:42 AM

All replies

• I have found similar function in SharePoint 2010: If the workflow is continued from a delay timer or from an event being received elsewhere, it executes within the SPTimer service. Using a new option in SharePoint Central Administration, you can now set the preferred server where the SPTimer service runs. To do this, click in the Manage Content Databases menu of the Application Management section of SharePoint Central Administration. Then click on your content database and scroll down to the setting for Preferred Server for Timer Jobs .

Can I set preferred server in SharePoint 2007?

Can I manually stop the SPTimer service on second application server (Are other features working correctly on the server)?

Senior Software Developer - Virtosoftware - Premium Web Parts for Microsoft SharePoint 2007 & 2010
    Monday, July 4, 2011 6:14 AM