Deploy WPF Sketchflow application RRS feed

• Question

• I created a Sketchflow application and have tried to distribute this to coworkers to start receiving feedback. They are unable to run the application. Is it necessary that they have Expression Blend installed?

Monday, July 13, 2009 4:05 PM

All replies

• Hello freshgrass,

Did you use the File -> Package SketchFlow Project... command?

Are you using WPF or Silverlight?

Thanks,
    Bob

SketchFlow Engineering Manager

Monday, July 13, 2009 6:29 PM
  • WPF. I did use the File -> Package SketchFlow Project... command. I then had some coworkers try to run it. No results. Do we need to build a setup program for it?

Monday, July 13, 2009 8:17 PM
  • No, you don't need to build a setup for it. However, your coworkers need .NET 3.5 SP1 installed. Do they have that?

Does it run for you out of the package directory?
    Monday, July 13, 2009 8:48 PM
  • I can run it from the package directory. He installed .NET 3.5 SP1 but he receives the following error which references .Net Runtime Error 2.0 as the source of the message.

EventType clr20r3, P1 ampsprototype.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 4a5b43e6, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4889dc80, P7 f96, P8 80, P9 system.io.filenotfoundexception, P10 NIL.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:38 PM
  • Thought I'd pipe in on this issue for the sake of those trolling search engines for help.

This problem can occur if the development system is 64 bit.

The project executable created with the Package Sketchflow Project command didn't run either on my machine (Vista Ultimate 64-bit) nor on 32-bit XP machines. Net frameworks were all up to date on these machines, so that wasn't the issue.

My workaround solution is to open the Sketchflow project in Visual Studio and change the compile platform configuration from "AnyCPU" to x86. The recompiled Sketchflow project executable worked fine on all machines from then on.

Now, how to manage this change from within Blend is beyond me at this point.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:30 PM