QR code numerical value sent from mobile App to webpage RRS feed

• Question

• User-297332451 posted

In my project a QR code will be snaped by a mobile app, I need to send this code to an ASP.net webpage , where it will be extracted (probably from a querystring) and used to do further processing

How to do this

Kindly send the code for this ,if anyone has done this

Sunday, May 4, 2014 3:49 PM

All replies

• User1546878023 posted

what code do you need?

this library can easily generate and interpret qr codes for you

http://zxingnet.codeplex.com/

Sunday, May 4, 2014 6:20 PM
  • User-297332451 posted

This will be a mobile application 

There will be contact between the “SmartPhone” which stores  
     the voucher with QR code and the smartphone which has the code reading app, the code reading app  will be able to extract the Numerical code that forms the basis of the QRCode (QRCode is  an image representing this numerical code.)

Now I need to get this numberical code from the mobile to be sent to an asp.net web page where it will be used in further processing 
    How to do this .....?

Sunday, May 4, 2014 6:45 PM
  • User-297332451 posted

This QRcode will be on a cinema voucher , the numerical code is already in the database, one numerical code in form of QR code will be put on one voucher . and when the customer goes to cinema til 
    The worker there will have a smartphone with a free QRcode reading app , The two smartphones will face each other screen to screen and the QRCode reading APP will extract  the numerical code , Now I need to send this numerical to an ASP.net application where it will be used to do further processing

Sunday, May 4, 2014 6:51 PM
  • User1546878023 posted

The simplest way to handle this is just to create an url such as http://domain.com/handlevoucher.aspx?code=xxxx, with xxxx being the voucher code. Then on the customers phone a qr tag with this url should be presented, and then the employee can use any qr code reader to parse the tag and a browser will be opened with the above link and thus calling your asp.net application

But using this strategy you just need to be aware of misusage, so your voucher codes should be hard to guess and you need to remember that anybody else with a qr reader app can read the same tag and get access to the same url.

Sunday, May 4, 2014 7:15 PM
  • User-297332451 posted

After reading this qr code , a bit column in the database will be set as 1 showing that this code (voucher) is redeemed ,

Now I can already know the url with the qr code , once the qr code reader opens up this URL 

How to get this code for processing , will a simple querystring thing will work 

where I get this in in a querystring variable and run a update against db.

?or something else

And if  I put the querystring code in the page load event of the form, wont it just run when this QR code is shown on the voucher in the first place and set it redeemed without being snaped?

Monday, May 5, 2014 3:50 AM