NEW...Extended Club StarterKit for the community, by the community RRS feed

• Question

• User1272303263 posted

Hello,

I was happy to see the NEW EXTENDED CLUB STARTERKIT announced here today.

But.... was totally disaoppointed to see that,  it is called Extended . I see nothing extended in the LIVE version also.
    Plus there is not  a single page to manage users also.

The LIVE version has totally disappointed me. If any one has found any advantages over the existing starterkit
    than pl. inform here.... whats new in this.

I hope there is a difference between  a current version and this live version.

Thanks

Paggy4u

Thursday, September 14, 2006 12:15 AM

All replies

• User-2041805088 posted

Well, per http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=6&tabid=50 the differences are:

New administration pages provide for the management of user roles and of the site map structure. Web Parts allow the user to personalize the home page, and alternative Themes allow the user to select the site’s appearance.
    Thursday, September 14, 2006 12:29 AM
  • User-1093854538 posted

I could not even sign in to the live test.   Did anyone else have this problem?

admin
    admin123!

These didnt work for me???

Thursday, September 14, 2006 11:08 AM
  • User523970105 posted

The live admin login didn't work for me either, so I just downloaded it and opened it in VWD.  It didn't want to run at first - there was a path cached somewhere from the developer's installation - but after fiddling with it for a few minutes I got it going.  If I remember correctly, I had to go to the database explorer tab and open the database and browse a table to get past the problem.

The admin pages are there, but I don't know whether I like them any better than what you can get from http://www.aspsksolutions.com.

One thing thing that I'm curious about is whether the extended kit fixes any of the bugs identified in the original kit.

Friday, September 15, 2006 6:53 AM
  • User-2138102261 posted

I also had a problem in running the app on line
    Also downloaded code (zip file), and ran in VWD. 

To get it to work, I had to delete the club_log.ldf file and then it worked fine.

Monday, September 18, 2006 11:31 PM
  • User-731934330 posted
    What's the admin password?   I tried "1.admin.1" and "admin123!" to no avail.  I'm using a host, so I guess that I don't have access to the ASP.NET Configuration.
    Sunday, October 29, 2006 6:02 AM
  • User-731934330 posted
    Never mind.  I guess that one can just create an admin account with any password.
    Sunday, October 29, 2006 6:07 AM