Adding second DataSet to report causes error RRS feed

• Question

• User-1210839387 posted

using report builder 2.0

I have a dataset, dataSet1, I'm using in my report that works well, it returns and displays OrderID when the user clicks a button.

I am trying to add a second dataset, called DataSet2,  to my report to return default values of usernames to populate  a dropdownlist

However when I try to add the second dataset I am not able to save my report. Rept Bldr gives me the error:

<ERROR>

The Hidden expression for the text box ‘TextboxOrdNum’ refers to the field ‘OrderID’.  Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current dataset scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified dataset scope.

</ERROR>

It looks like the report does not like when I add DataSet2 to the report.  DataSet2 only returns username values to populate the report. but I'm really puzzled why this is happening because DataSet1 returns and populates the OrderID field to that textbox.  When I remove DataSet2 from the report then the report will compile but I need DataSet to in order to populate the UserName combobox on the report.

Please advise.  thanks

MC

Friday, July 22, 2011 10:02 AM