Exchange PowerShell script to get mailbox properties of user from a CSV file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I've a CSV file with alias of numerous users and I want to get their mailbox sizes and other properties. These users are dispersed in various databases of same Exchange organization.

Need a Powershell Script, Any help?

Muhammad Nadeem Ahmed Sr System Support Engineer Premier Systems (Pvt) Ltd T. +9221-2429051 Ext-226 F. +9221-2428777 M. +92300-8262627 Web. www.premier.com.pk

Friday, November 22, 2013 4:02 PM

Answers

• You can use this and modify it to what you need. Output to a file (IE: Export-CSV "path to file"

If you need more specifics let me know. This one is for one user at a time but can be used to read a CSV file.

# Notifies the user a remote session needs to be started
    Write-Host "Get a users mailbox size" -fore yellow -back red;
    Write-Host "Please wait while a remote session started" -fore red -back yellow;

# Import a remote session with exchange
    $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://exchangeservername/Powershell/ -Authentication Kerberos
    Import-PSSession $Session

Do {
    # Prompts user for a name
    $name = Read-Host "Enter a username"

# Get the mailbox statistics for that user
    Get-MailboxStatistics $name | fl totalitemsize, storagelimitstatus, totaldeleteditemsize | out-default

# Give the user a choice to test another or EXIT
    $Output = Read-Host "Press Y to continue or ENTER to exit"
    }

# Ends the program if the user does not press Y
    Until ($Output -ne "Y")

HossFly, Exchange Administrator

Friday, November 22, 2013 8:22 PM

All replies

• You can use this and modify it to what you need. Output to a file (IE: Export-CSV "path to file"

If you need more specifics let me know. This one is for one user at a time but can be used to read a CSV file.

# Notifies the user a remote session needs to be started
    Write-Host "Get a users mailbox size" -fore yellow -back red;
    Write-Host "Please wait while a remote session started" -fore red -back yellow;

# Import a remote session with exchange
    $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://exchangeservername/Powershell/ -Authentication Kerberos
    Import-PSSession $Session

Do {
    # Prompts user for a name
    $name = Read-Host "Enter a username"

# Get the mailbox statistics for that user
    Get-MailboxStatistics $name | fl totalitemsize, storagelimitstatus, totaldeleteditemsize | out-default

# Give the user a choice to test another or EXIT
    $Output = Read-Host "Press Y to continue or ENTER to exit"
    }

# Ends the program if the user does not press Y
    Until ($Output -ne "Y")

Friday, November 22, 2013 8:22 PM
  • Any updates?

Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:41 PM
  • Hi HossFly,

Thanks a lot for this useful script, it worked OK for one user at a time as you mentioned.

Can you provide something specific which reads from a CSV file and outputs with total size in GBs, database and servername, if possible.

I m not into scripting at all and I really find very difficult to write scripts but I've started and also let me know some good resources for Pshell scripting for Windows, ActiveDirectory, Hyper-V and Exchange, especially.

Thanks.

Muhammad Nadeem Ahmed Sr System Support Engineer Premier Systems (Pvt) Ltd T. +9221-2429051 Ext-226 F. +9221-2428777 M. +92300-8262627 Web. www.premier.com.pk

Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:51 PM
  • From your exchange box run this script.
    #Gets a list of names that you created

$Names = Get-Content C:\Users\"name"\desktop\listofusers.csv

ForEach ($User in $Names)

{

Get-Mailboxstatistics -Identity $user | fl displayname, totalitemsize, storagelimitstatus | Out-File "C:\users\name\desktop\statsofusers.csv"

}

You can use any path you would like. I usually run from my desktop so you have to run Import-Session as described above. 

Any questions let me know.

Monday, December 16, 2013 2:04 PM