none
Project Server 2010 web part - Open .mpp file RRS feed

• Question

• From Project Server 2010 web part, by clicking of a butotn i want to open .mpp file that resides in server physical folder.

Is there anyway by using Office Automation / VBA or any other .net languages, whether we can open a .mpp file that's residing in server shared folder/physical location.

Otherwise is there anyway we can trigger VBA macro stored in Global.MPT file from Project Server 2010 web part ?

Arul

Arulanantham

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 7:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As there is no real link between the PSI server side API's and the VBA client API I don't believe you could do this via a WebPart. What you definitely can do is in MS Project via VBA is do the opening of the file, then whatever else you need to do, and you could put this in the eGlobal, but that would then affect all users so may not be desirable.

Otherwise I would ask why? What are you trying to achieve? Can you not use an enterprise template published to the server to create a new project from via EPT via a WebPart?

Martin Laukkanen (Project Server Blog - www.nearbaseline.com/blog)

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:05 PM
  • I need to do bulk baseline the projects. For baseline, i wrote macros and trying to trigger the macro on click of a button in sharepoint 2010 webpart.

Googled for the samples/suggestion but didn't get appropriate solutions.

Appreciated if any direction/suggestion how to achieve this.

Arulanantham

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 1:35 AM
  • Okay I see, I've not seen any good solutions to that in the past, even in 2013 where you can set a baseline via the web that function is not exposed in the APIs.

My best suggestion would be do it entirely in MS Project as a VSTO application, through an Office extension you could open, baseline, save and close whatever projects you like, though you would have to build your own non-web based interface in the client.

Hope that helps,

Martin

Martin Laukkanen (Project Server Blog - www.nearbaseline.com/blog)

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 3:31 AM